Chris San Diego Chargers
In the Beginning – Chris Gronkowski was born December 26, 1986 in Amherst, New York to parents Gordon Gronkowski and Diane Gronkowski. His father played offensive guard for the University of Syracuse. His great-grandfather, Ignatius, was a member of the 1924 U.S. Olympic Cycling team in Paris.
Chris Gronkowski is the third-oldest of five brothers. Meet the bros;
- Bro # 1 Gordie, Jr. – Played Division 1 baseball at Jacksonville University and was drafted by the Anaheim Angels in 2006. (Loves Fitness!)
- Bro # 2 Dan – Played tight end at Maryland and was selected by the Detroit Lions in the 2009 NFL Draft. Currently plays for the Cleveland Browns. (Takes the longest to get dressed)
- Bro # 3 Chris – Fullback for the Denver Broncos. (Still holds high school lifting records)
- Bro # 4 Rob – Played football at Arizona where he shattered all receiving and touchdown records. Currently starting Tight End New England Patriots. (Can speak English and Spanish)
- Bro # 5 Glenn – Currently a freshman at Kansas State University. (Favorite Day of the week is tuesdays)
Chris Gronkowski attended Williamsville North High School where he was a three year letter winner playing football and baseball. He averaged 6.2 yards per carry and recorded 453 receiving yards his senior year. He also forced 4 fumbles and recorded 82 tackles and 2 touchdowns on defense.
Gronkowski was recruited to Maryland as a fullback in 2005, but redshirted his freshman year. His redshirt freshman season in 2006, he worked his way up into the fullback rotation. He had the eighth highest strength index on the team which was the best among running backs.
In his redshirt sophomore season in 2007, he transferred to Arizona where he played linebacker. He went back to the starting fullback position in 2008 as a fourth year junior as he recorded 8 receptions for 198 yards and 3 touchdowns. He was also the Second Team All-Pac-10 Academic Football Team.
In 2009, as a fifth year senior, he recorded 4 catches for 20 yards.
He declared for the 2010 NFL Draft and was projected as high as the 4th round, but went undrafted. One day after the draft, on April 25, 2010, Gronkowski signed with the Cowboys. On September 4, 2010, Gronkowski made it past the final cuts to join the 53 man roster. He made his first career start on September 19, 2010 against the Chicago Bears. Also, his first career touchdown catch came in the same game on a one yard pass from Tony Romo. He started 7 out of 14 games and finished the season with 17 rushing yards on 5 carries and 7 catches for 35 yards and a touchdown.
On September 4, 2011 Gronkowski was picked up by the Indianapolis Colts through waivers.
On May 23rd, 2012, Gronkowski was traded to the Denver Broncos.
San Diego Chargers
On April 23, 2013, Gronkowski signed with the San Diego Chargers. On August 27, 2013, he was placed on the reserve/injured list. On August 31, 2013, he was waived with an injury settlement.
Career after football
Chris and his wife Brittany now own an online engraving company, Everything Decorated. Everything Decorated specializes in personalized gifts for all occasions. Click here to check it out!
Chris also is the creator and owner of Ice Shaker™. Ice Shaker™ is a kitchen grade stainless steel shaker bottle that does not absorb odor. Ice Shaker™ is vacuum insulated allowing it to hold ice for over 30 hours and does not build condensation on the bottle. Check out IceShaker.com to purchase.